Tuesday 7 February 2012

Ahhh, Delicious

I created a delicious page a few years ago, and the site has totally changed! The stacks part is new, but I really liked the look of it once you've loaded in your links, etc. It is very visually interesting, and I think kids would really like it. I liked how the site suggested the tags to use, though sometimes no suggestion came up and I'm not sure why.

My first "stack" is on the Titanic, which is also what my website project is on. I am doing a Titanic remembrance month at my school in March/April, so this delicious site and the website project are going to be used.

The only thing I couldn't quite figure out is my delicious address.

THis is the link that came up when I was on the stacks page:

http://www.delicious.com/stacks/view/EqgnPW

But is the homepage address different? I think it's
http://www.delicious.com/acwsalctalibrary

If someone tries these links, maybe you can let me know if they work. 

I like the idea of tags. It seems very user friendly. Since I catalogue every day, I generally use subject headings, either that I import, from the publication page of the book, from another library site, or (gasp!) that I make up myself.

I'm still not quite sure of the functional difference between subject headings and keywords. Where do the keywords come from? Any word in the catalogue entry?

No comments:

Post a Comment